|Position Announcement||Full-Time Contracted English Instructor|
|Institution Name/City||Hiroshima Shudo University, Hiroshima, Japan|
|Position||Full-time contracted instructor|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Term of Contract||2-year contract, starting April 1, 2020
Renewable once, for a period of 2 years, if agreeable to both parties
|Duties||10 teaching classes per week
5 office-hour periods per week
Summer/spring intensive classes (if required)
(The above number of hours is based on the semester-system. For classes taught under the term-system, the number of classes to be taught may increase or decrease)
|Qualifications/Requirements||(1) A person whose first language is English or who has the equivalent competence in English.
(2) At least an M.A./M.Ed. in ESL/EFL or equivalent in education or experience.
(3) Sufficient Japanese language ability to carry out various responsibilities within the school.
(4) To be resident in Hiroshima city or its vicinity once employed
|Application Deadline||To arrive no later than July 5th, 2019 (Friday)|
|Application Materials||(1) CV with a photo attached
(2) Copies of B.A. and M.A./M.Ed Certificates
(3) Copies (or originals) of academic publications
(4) A five-minute recording in English of the applicant’s self-introduction and views on teaching English, submitted as an audio file (in mp3 or wav format) on a CD, DVD, or USB memory stick.
(5) Sample course outline (please use the downloadable template)
|Selection Procedure||Stage 1: Examination of application materials
Stage 2: Selected applicants will be called for an interview.
The interview will be conducted in English and Japanese. Interviewees will be asked to deliver a demonstration class as part of the interview.
|Benefits||(1) Salary:Paid in accordance with the university’s rules and regulations
\4,800,000 a year/\400,000 per month
(2) Research allowance of up to a maximum of \338,000 a year (as per 2018)
(3)Travel allowance, housing allowance
(4) Pension insurance, Health insurance, Social insurance, Employment insurance and Workers’ accident compensation insurance systems.
(5) Holidays are typically Sundays, National Holidays, New Year, and Paid Holidays. However, depending on the academic calendar, some classes/office hours are required on National Holidays/during holiday periods.
|Application Submission||Supplementary application documents are to be downloaded from the JREC-IN website. Application materials are to be sent by recorded mail and will not be accepted if sent by e-mail. Please clearly mark the envelope with: 外国語契約教員応募 Application materials should be addressed to: President Takanori Mikami Personnel Affairs Office, Hiroshima Shudo University, 1-1-1, Ozuka-Higashi, Asaminami-ku Hiroshima, 731-3195, Japan After the decision on the appointment of the new contracted English Instructor has been finalized, each applicant will be informed of the decision and all application materials will be returned|
|Contact Details for Further Information||Tel 082-830-1105 Fax: (082)830-1325 E-mail: email@example.com|